In This Section
- Careers Overview
- Current Opportunities
- Nursing Careers
- Physician Recruitment
- Volunteer Opportunities
Located 60 miles (1-1/2 hrs drive) east of Pittsburgh, PA, this independent 164-bed acute care community hospital is nearing its 96th anniversary. It is the sole community provider for this college town, and rural county. IRMC’s vision is to be the best community hospital in the country, and is well on its way. IRMC has for 2009 been named to the Fortune 100 List of Best Places to Work and has been selected 13 other times as a Best Place to Work, including the #1 Best Place to Work in Pennsylvania in two of the last four years, and was named the #2 Best Place to Work in Healthcare in Modern Hospital’s inaugural national survey. Press Ganey patient satisfaction surveys put our service regularly above the 90th percentile in our Emergency Room, Inpatient Care units, Outpatient care services, and Ambulatory Care Unit, and physician satisfaction is at the 97th percentile, with relationship to hospital administration having the highest score by a significant margin.
Nearly every specialty of medicine and surgery is represented on the active medical staff, with the large majority in private practice. Services include:
- Advanced imaging with PET/CT, MRI, 64-slice CT, nuclear medicine, cath/angio lab, and PACS.
- Comprehensive American College of Surgeons certified Center for Oncology Care with IMRT, IGRT, HDR brachytherapy, prostate seed therapy and chemotherapy.
- Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric oxygen treatment chambers.
- Emergency Room with 46,000 visits/yr.
- Women’s Diagnostic Imaging Center.
- Ten-bed intensive care unit.
- OB unit with 650 to 700 deliveries/yr.
- Inpatient geriatric psychiatry unit.
- Inpatient acute rehabilitation unit.
- Total joint replacement program.
- Pain clinic with advanced modalities.
- Comprehensive sleep disorders lab and program.
- Advanced neurodiagnostics lab with EEG, EMG, NCS, evoked potentials, transcranial Dopplers, and therapeutic Botox clinic.
- Community dialysis center.
- Musculoskeletal Institute under development on the campus.
- Institutional Review Board.
IRMC is financially sound with a very strong balance sheet, and has doubled in net revenues over eight years. It has been recognized twice by Healthcare Executive magazine as one of the fastest growing hospitals in the country, and this is despite no growth in service area population or local industry. The Board of Directors is composed of community leaders who highly value the hospital’s role in the community, and the importance of remaining independent.
Indiana is the centrally located county seat of Indiana County in southwestern Pennsylvania. The County’s population is about 89,000 and stable, with a concentration of about 23,000 in and around the borough of Indiana. Indiana University of Pennsylvania, the largest of the fourteen state-owned universities at about 15,000 total enrollment, is the largest employer in the county. IRMC is the second largest employer with about 1400 currently on the payroll.
The community is well-known for its quality school system that is highly ranked in the state and has been nationally recognized. There are a great many activities available for children and adults alike. Outdoor sports include fishing, hunting, golfing, tennis, swimming, boating, hiking, and camping with many different kinds of opportunities. The university brings a large variety of cultural events to the community, and these are increasing with the completion and opening of a new arena within sight of the medical center.
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Psychiatry – General Adult/Geriatric Psychiatrist
To learn more about physician opportunities at Indiana Regional Medical Center, please contact:
Medical Affairs Office
Indiana Regional Medical Center
835 Hospital Road
Indiana, PA 15701
your body mass index (BMI) using our calculator.