Indiana Healthcare Foundation
The Indiana Healthcare Foundation is a division of Indiana Regional Medical Center. Its mission is to advance the spirit of philanthropy through training, education and advocacy. The basis of philanthropy is to promote ethical fundraising through its code of ethical principles and standards of professional practice. We are committed to the enhancement of volunteerism and are responsible for ensuring that needed resources are vigorously and ethically sought and that the intent of the donor is honestly fulfilled.
The standards of professional practice involve professional obligations, solicitation and the use of charitable funds, presentation of information and compensation.
- Charitable gift planning opportunities, such as bequests and securities for complementing the donor's overall financial and estate plan.
- Corporate/community projects related to planning, development, marketing and fundraising.
- Maintaining donor base for employees, volunteers, physicians, businesses and community members.
- Expanding the use of technology in the delivery of systems and services, programs, and information sharing.
Ways to Give
Your gift can benefit:
- Palliative Care: Palliative Care aims to enhance the quality of life such as physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and families who are faced with serious illness. This fund will ensure that those needs are provided for.
- Center for Wound Healing – Indigent Fund: This fund helps those who need treatment at the Wound Center but cannot afford the treatments. It also helps fund supplies for those who can't afford them.
- Birdie's Closet: The Closet provides a variety of personal and feminine products to individuals who are undergoing cancer treatment at no cost. Your gift helps us continue our mission to ensure that individuals undergoing cancer treatment and some of its devastating side effects have a haven to secure products to meet their individual needs.
- Women's Imaging Center: The Center provides mammograms for women and even helps to fund those less fortunate or those of Amish Faith who do not have insurance.
- Pediatric Department: This fund supports the pediatric department. It is restricted to providing care and services to children by meeting their medical and wellness needs. This can be as an inpatient or through a variety of community service projects that reach children through the local schools or community programs. Thank you for supporting our organization in meeting the health and wellness needs of local children.
- Diabetes - Indigent Fund: This fund helps those less fortunate with purchasing insulin, syringes, medications, etc.
- Give Life Twice Cord Blood: This fund is designated specifically for transporting cord blood once it is drawn at IRMC to the Institute for Transfusion Medicine Dan Berger Cord Blood Program, in Pittsburgh, PA. Please see danbergercordblood.org for more information on cord blood donation and what it is used for.
- Empower3 Center for Health: This fund is designated to help those patients who make too much for Medicaid but not enough to pay for physician bills. It helps provide basic benefits, promote healthy lifestyles and manage chronic health conditions at a reduced cost.
- Cardiology Department: This fund supports the Cardiology Department and is restricted for use within the department for equipment upgrades necessary for patient care.
- Center for Oncology: This fund supports the ongoing operation of the Oncology Center and patient care needs.
Indiana Healthcare Foundation