Spirit of Women
In This Section
- Spirit of Women
- Be Well Pass It On
- Family Programs
- Institute for Healthy Living
- Maternity Center
- National Spirit of Women
- Spirit Family Programs
- Walk with Spirit
- Womens Imaging Center
- Return to Service Directory
Cardiovascular disease remains the leading cause of death in the United States. The growing body of research shows an underdiagnosis of cardiovascular diseases and conditions in women. Women experience variations in clinical indications, symptoms and treatment regimens, underscoring the need for a gender-differentiated approach to cardiovascular medicine. Because women make 85 percent of all health care decisions, reaching them with heart-healthy messages effectively reaches the entire family.
Indiana Regional Medical Center has joined HeartCaring® to provide clinical information to physicians and staff. We will strive to reach women and men in the community with educational messages to improve their heart health.
HeartCaring is a national initiative powered by Spirit Health Group® and activated by U.S. hospitals that ascribe to the highest standards of excellence in women’s health, education and community outreach. HeartCaring is sponsored in part by The Bristol-Myers Squibb/Sanofi Pharmaceuticals Partnership, with educational support from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, The Heart Truth, the Vascular Disease Foundation, the Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Coalition, and the Venous Disease Coalition.
Take Action for Your Heart
- Take our heart attack risk assessment.
- Signs and Symptoms of Cardiovascular Diseases (pdf).
- Artery Explorer.
- Mini-dictionary of cardiovascular terms.
- Know Your Numbers (pdf).
- Record Your Numbers for a Lifetime of Health (pdf).
- Track Your Exercise for a Lifetime of Health (pdf).
- Find a More Heart-Healthy Balance in Your Life (pdf).
- Up Close and Personal (pdf).
- Finding the Roots of Better Health Today (pdf).
- For more information please visit: www.heartcaring.com
Shelley Lockard, RN, BSN