Joint Replacement & Reconstruction
As we age, our bodies change and a lifetime of activity and occasional overuse takes its toll and can create specific problems related to joints. Painful or stiff joints can alter a person's lifestyle and prevent participation in daily activities they enjoy.
At the Human Motion Institute, we believe that taking care of painful joint conditions is more than applying state of the art surgical techniques. It is the skilled, hands-on evaluation and appropriate diagnostic testing that determines the best overall plan of care keeping in mind that we are not treating a joint, but a human being.
It is our practice to exhaust every appropriate treatment option before considering surgery. However, if and when a surgical procedure becomes the right choice, our orthopedic surgeons are trained to correct problems related to joint pain. Our unique continuum of care and nationally certified joint program, produces outstanding clinical and patient satisfaction results.
An integrated approach enables our clinical team to properly evaluate a patient's condition and prepare each patient mentally and physically for their procedure; then we continually monitor and manage their entire pre- and postsurgical performance and progress. This full-service approach, which integrates the patient's primary care physician and orthopedic surgeon with a host of clinical support staff, is designed to return our patients to maximum function as quickly and safely as possible.
- Hip replacement (total, partial, revisions)
- Knee replacement (total, partial, revisions)
- Shoulder replacement (total, partial, revisions)
Joint Center – Comprehensive Services for All Joint Patients
The Joint Center is dedicated to providing high-quality continuum of care in a standardized, predictable fashion before, during, and after your joint replacement.
- Pre-op Joint Education class, including instruction to prepare for surgery, proper movement after surgery, and demonstration of assistive equipment (walkers, canes, etc.) guided by RN and Rehabilitation Professionals
- Scheduled visit with an RN for a complete nursing assessment and pre-operative testing, specifically for joint replacement patients
- Proactive discharge planning assistance from our team of physical and occupational therapists and care managers
- Access to our pre-operative Joint Replacement Exercise Program guided by certified exercise physiologists
Download our S.A.V.E. Your Joints Brochure for additional information.
Indiana Regional Medical Center
Joint Center, 4th Floor
Ruth Sulkosky, RN, BSN