IRMC Offers Top-Notch Cancer Care
Personalized, friendly, convenient and comfortable care is our commitment to you at the Herbert L. Hanna, MD, Center for Oncology Care at Indiana Regional Medical Center (IRMC). Our center is approved by the Commission on Cancer (CoC), a program of the American College of Surgeons.
Receiving care at a CoC-approved cancer program ensures access to:
- Quality care close to home.
- Comprehensive cancer care with a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment.
- A multispecialty and multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options.
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support.
- A cancer registry that collects data on types and stages of cancers and treatment results.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care.
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatments.
IRMC wants to assist you in this difficult time. Our center also offers a free door-to-door patient van transportation service to qualified patients, on-site social service assistance and nutritional counseling.
At IRMC we want you to know that we will help navigate you through your diagnosis and treatment, as well as assist you with insurance issues. IRMC also provides many support services, such as a cancer survivor support group, palliative care, a lymphedema clinic and all of the diagnostic testing procedures necessary. Our medical staff holds monthly oncology conferences to collaborate on all ongoing patient diagnoses and to discuss the latest developments in cancer treatments.
Also available to our patients is Birdie’s Closet. Birdie’s Closet is a unique boutique located in our Women’s Imaging Center and is a one-of-a-kind project that provides a broad base of resources for women diagnosed with cancer. The Closet was grant funded by the Bork Family Foundation and is named after Birdie Hintemeyer Bork. The shop enables women to explore new looks within the safety and familiarity of the center. Birdie’s Closet is just fun. Women come to try on hats, wigs and scarves and meet with professional fitters for prosthetics, bras and arm sleeves. Birdie’s Closet operates on public donations and the services to women are free.
Herbert L. Hanna, MD, Center for Oncology Care