COVID-19 – Patient and Visitor Information
Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020:
The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees and community remain a top priority at Indiana Regional Medical Center. We have temporarily adjusted our visitation policy. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
GENERAL VISITATION GUIDELINES
For Patients and Visitors
- We encourage visitors to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, FaceTime, and/or phone.
- At this time, visitors are not permitted.
- Pediatric patients: One visitor per pediatric patient are allowed in the pediatric unit. These visitors can only be parents, guardians, or family care partners. The designated visitor should remain the same for the course of admission. The designated visitor must pass a health screening prior to entry.
- Obstetric patients (new/laboring mothers): One visitor is permitted and must be the only visitor through the course of admission. The designated visitor must pass a health screening prior to entry. This person must not leave the hospital for any reason. If they do, they will not be allowed to re-enter.
- In extenuating circumstances, such as imminent end-of-life, temporary visitation may be granted.
Emergency Department (ED)
- Only one visitor per pediatric patient is allowed in the ED; parent, guardian or caregiver only. The designated visitor must pass a health screening prior to entry.
- All elective procedures are to be scheduled 8 weeks out or longer, unless an 8 week delay represents potential harm to the patient
- All elective procedures, scheduled for the week of 3/23/2020 and beyond, will also be cancelled and rescheduled 8 weeks out; unless an 8 week delay represents potential harm to the patient or any negative significant clinical outcome.
- Elective procedures that need to be done are at the departments discretion
- IRMC will continue to perform all necessary emergent procedures
Outpatient visits and Physician offices
At this time, all offices are to remain open. Various providers are offering tele-medicine and leaving it to the individual discretion of the physician as to what is an acute versus a routine/wellness visit.
- Please contact 888-452-IRMC (4762) to see if your provider offers tele-medicine.
- Acute visits are to be seen as necessary and this includes a physician referral to a specialist.
- Routine and wellness visits will be either rescheduled or kept on a case by case basis. Wellness visits can be defined differently by specialty and again at the discretion of the departments or individual provider.
- Visitors are not permitted in the IRMC Cancer Center, IASA Building, 119 Professional Center OB/GYN office, or the Human Motion Institute.
To protect our patients and staff, all patients and visitors must adhere to a health screen prior to entrance to the facility. Patients are limited to one support person accompanying them for their appointment.
- Main Entrance: Monday – Friday: 5:30 AM – 8:00 PM; Saturday 7:00 AM –3:00 PM; Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Patients and visitors can still enter the facility outside of these hours, but must do so through the Emergency Department.
- Emergency Department: 24/7
- UrgiCare at IRMC: Patients must be screened at the Emergency Department screening area prior to being directed to UrgiCare.
- Human Motion Institute: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- IRMC at Chestnut Ridge: Sunday - Saturday 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- 119 Professional Building: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Medical Arts Building: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Indiana Total Therapy West (Shelly Drive): Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- IASA Building: Entrance closed, please enter through the IRMC Main Entrance.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES CANCELLATIONS
For your health and safety, the following are closed/canceled until further notice:
• S&T Wellness Center
• 119 Professional Building Lab, Seward, Northern Cambria and Marion Center offsite locations
• Community Events and Classes
• Diabetes Education Classes
• Support Groups
• Cardiac Rehabilitation
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• Pantry and Gift Shop