IRMC Physician Group Social Services practice a team-based approach to medical care. Our experienced social workers practice collaboratively with physicians, their medical staff, administrators, and various agencies to facilitate comprehensive medical care for patients in the Indiana, Pa., region.
Our social workers address medical needs for patients who are experiencing mental health conditions, chronic health conditions, addiction, environmental barriers, and transitioning from a higher level of care back into the community.
Our team assist patients with:
- Creating health plans for depression and anxiety
- Crisis management
- Transition to a higher level of medical care
- Addressing substance abuse and reviewing treatment options
- Referrals to community agencies
- Assessing pregnancy needs
- Helping uninsured patients connect to medical assistance programs
- Brief intervention
After Care Program
The IRMC After Care program was designed for patients who visit the emergency room at Indiana Regional Medical Center. Within a few days of your emergency room visit, a registered nurse (RN) will reach out to you to see how you are feeling and if follow up care with a PCP or specialist is necessary. The RN will address any issues related to medication, assist you in coordinating your healthcare and schedule any follow up appointments.