Patient and Visitor Information (COVID-19)
GENERAL VISITATION GUIDELINES
Effective Thursday, August 20, 2020: The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees and community remain a top priority at Indiana Regional Medical Center. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
For Patients and Visitors
- In-patients (patient who is admitted to IRMC) may have one visitor per day; Monday - Friday from 12 pm - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday from 12 pm - 3 pm. In-patient visitor must enter through the IRMC main entrance screening station.
- All visitors must pass a health screening and wear a mask. Visitors with a cough, fever or signs of illness will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Visitors under the age of 16 will not be permitted.
- For obstetric patients (new/laboring mothers), one support person is permitted and must be the only person through the course of admission. Meals will be provided for the support person.
- For pediatric patients, one visitor is permitted in the pediatric unit. Visitors must be parents, guardians, or family care partners. Meals will be provided for the visitor.
- In certain situations, the visitor policy may be modified or exceptions may be granted. IRMC reserves the right to limit visitors based on capacity in any of our areas.
- No visitors will be permitted in rooms of patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are under investigation for COVID-19.
- Dining services are not available for in-patient visitors.
- Visitor may only have one entry per day.
- We encourage family and friends to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, and/or phone. Learn more here.
- Visitors are not permitted for outpatient surgery.
- Elective procedures resume May 5, 2020.
- IRMC will continue to perform all necessary emergent procedures.
Outpatient visits and Physician offices
All offices are open. Various providers are offering tele-medicine and leaving it to the individual discretion of the physician as to what is an acute versus a routine/wellness visit.
- Please contact 888-452-IRMC (4762) to see if your provider offers tele-medicine.
- Acute visits are to be seen as necessary and this includes a physician referral to a specialist.
- Visitors are not permitted in the Medical Arts Building, IASA Building, 119 Professional Center, IRMC at Chestnut Ridge, the Overlook Building, or the Human Motion Institute.
IRMC FACILITY HOURS OF OPERATION:
As of July 1, 2020: To protect our patients and staff, all who enter IRMC and its outpatient facilities must adhere to a health screen prior to entrance to the facility and are required to wear a mask.
- Main Entrance: Monday – Friday: 5:30 AM – 7:00 PM; Saturday 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM; Sunday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- You may enter the facility outside of these hours, but must do so through the Emergency Department.
- Outpatient testing (including laboratory, cardiology, imaging, etc) hours vary, please call to pre-register at 888-452-4762.
- Emergency Department: 24/7
- Human Motion Institute: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- IRMC at Chestnut Ridge: Sunday - Saturday 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- 119 Professional Building: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; 119 Lab open Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Medical Arts Building: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Indiana Total Therapy West (Shelly Drive): Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- IASA Building: Entrance closed, please enter through the IRMC Main Entrance.
- Seward Outpatient Testing Center: Monday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Wednesday 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM, Thursday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Northern Cambria Outpatient Testing Center: Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Marion Center Outpatient Testing Center: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES CANCELLATIONS
For your health and safety, the following are closed/canceled until further notice:
• Community Events and Classes (some classes offered virtually)
• Support Groups (some offered virtually)