Pulmonary rehabilitation is an individually designed program for patients with chronic lung disease. The program includes medical management, education, emotional support, exercise, breathing retraining and nutritional counseling. Your individual program and progress will be reviewed by Dr. Imran Bajwa, our medical director.
You will be guided during your pulmonary rehabilitation by respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists and nutritionists.
- Encourage physical fitness.
- Provide you with information to enhance physical fitness.
- Improve your quality of life.
- Increase your ability to cope with acute and chronic phases of the disease process.
- Help reduce hospital admissions and length of stay.
- Help you to understand the disease process.
- Explain medication usage.
- Teach breathing retraining skills.
- Improve bone densities.
- Improve the cardiopulmonary system.
If you have been diagnosed with or suffer from one of these, you may be a candidate for Pulmonary Rehabilitation:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary or lung disease.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Interstitial fibrosis.
- Neuromuscular disease.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Lung cancer.
- Lung transplant.
- Pulmonary hypertension.
- Obesity-related respiratory disease.
- Diaphragmatic dysfunction.
For more information on pulmonary rehabilitation, please call Respiratory Care Services at 724.357.7045.