Rehab Care Center
IRMC is YOUR Primary Stroke Center
- The American Heart Association recommends initial rehab following stroke take place in an in-patient rehab rather than a skilled nursing facility.
- That leads to reduced mortality rates, enhanced recovery and increased independence in activities of daily living.
- Our stroke rehab program starts as soon as the patient is ready and can tolerate it.
- Our focus is to help patients return home sooner, regain loss and prevent complications.
The Acute Rehabilitation Unit Offers
- All IRMC inpatient services.
- 16 acute rehabilitation beds.
- Private and semi-private rooms.
- On-site review, 24-hour determination.
- Admissions seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Therapy six days a week (Sundays excluded).
Primary Diagnoses Admitted
- Spinal cord injury.
- Congenital deformity.
- Major multiple trauma.
- Hip fracture.
- Brain injury.
- Polyarthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis.
- Neurological disorders (multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease, polyneuropathy, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson's disease).
- Highmark Blue Cross.
- All major insurances (Medicare, Highmark, UPMC, MA).
- All insurances accepted by IRMC.
Unable to Accept
- Ventilator-dependent patients.
- Patients under 18 years of age.
- Patients with aggressive behavioral problems.
A rehab referral can be requested by:
- Case managers/social workers.
- Home health professionals.
To be eligible for admission to the Rehab Care Center at IRMC, the patient must:
- Be medically stable.
- Need at least two forms of therapy (physical, occupational or speech).
- Have the potential to improve function.
- Have an identified discharge goal.
- Be willing to participate with the team in the rehabilitation program (minimum three hours of therapy per day, five days per week).
Contact Us or Make a Referral
Rehab Care Center